Tech TipNew MSD Blaster SS Coil for MSD 6AL Ignition Systems
California Prop 65 Warning:
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Additional Information
MSD Blaster SS uses efficient E-core windings designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps of current and a maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts!
Note: If installing the Blaster SS Coil to a points distributor or a non-current limiting ignition system without an MSD Ignition, a 0.8 ohm ballast resistor is required (MSD P/N 8214). The resistor should wire in series along with any factory resistors on the positive coil wire.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- Efficient winding design and assembly creates a compact housing
- Primary and secondary windings are encased in Ciba polyurethane
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Tough, rigid housing with a tall tower and brass primary terminals
|Oversized Shipping Required||No|