Tech TipNew Silverline main bearings for VW Type 1 engines. Choose the size you need for your application. Please read below for some guidance on fitment and sizing.
California Prop 65 Warning:
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Additional Information
New Silverline VW Type 1 Main Bearing Set. This main bearing set features steel backing to reduce bearing flex at high RPMs. Choose the main bearing bore, thrust size and crank shaft diameter you need for your engine.
Please note: A value of "0" means that your size is standard sized. All measurements are give in thousandths of an inch.
Typical Measurements for Crankshaft Diameters:
- Standard Crank: 2.164 inches
- .010 inch Under Crank: 2.154 inches
- .020 inch Under Crank: 2.144 inches
- .030 inch Under Crank: 2.134 inches
- .040 inch Under Crank: 2.124 inches
Typical Measurements for Case Main Bearing Bore
- Standard Bore: 2.559 inches
- .020 inch Over Bore (.50 mm): 2.579 inches
- .040 inch Over Bore (1.00 mm): 2.599 inches
- .060 inch Over Bore (1.50 mm): 2.619 inches
- .080 inch Over Bore (2.00 mm): 2.639 inches
Typical Measurements for Engine Case Thrust
- Standard Thrust: .864 inches
- .040 inch Under Thrust (1.00 mm): .824 inches
- .080 inch Under Thrust (2.00 mm): .784 inches
|Oversized Shipping Required||No|